(1)选择填空考查得比较细，也很基础，其中第24、26、31题出得非常好，第29小题考查形容词的比较级，此题学生出错较多，第31小题错得较多，此题主要考查固定词组be good at be good for的用法。
Mid-term Examination for Grade Seven(2004—2005)
I. Choose the best answer. 30’
1. The mother is waiting _______ the bus stop.
A. for B. on C. at D. in
2. I _______ go to school ______ 7:30 every day.
A. will , until B. don’t , until C. won’t , before D. will , before
3. Can you hear Lucy _______ aloud in the next room?
A. read B. to read C. reading D. reads
4. I hear Mr. Smith is coming to give us a talk ______.
A. in the afternoon B. on tomorrow
C. at this evening D. tomorrow afternoon
5. I_____ her carefully, but I ______ nothing.
A. listen , hear B. listen to , hear C. hear , listen D. hear , listen to
6. Each of the children ______ a new book.
A. have B. has C. like D. has to
7. They use animals ______ farm work.
A. do B. does C. doing D. to do
8. Lesson 1 is not difficult. There are ______ new words in it.
A. a few B. a little C. little D. few
9. I don’t like winter because it’s ______ cold.
A. too much B. much too C. many too D. too many
10. When winter comes, the days get _____.
A. short and short B. shorter and shorter
C. long and long D. longer and longer
11. Mrs. Liu teaches _____ English. We like _____ class very much.
A. my , his B. me , her C. us , his D. us , her
12. Please ______ something about the picture.
A. tell B. say C. speak D. talk
13. It’s a little room ______a _______ window.
A. with , bright big B. with , big bright
C. of , bright big D. of , big bright
14. _____ me , working is ______than all the other things.
A. For , the most important B. To , important
C. For , much important D. To , more important
15. Miss Gao with Mary _____ going into the classroom.
A. are B. is C. will D. were
16. The poor boy trips_____ a stone and ______ cry.
A. at , starts B. over , start C. on , starts to D. over , starts to
17. The pears here are cheap and the _____ there are dear.
A. pear B. one C. ones D. the pears
18. Tom is _____ better than him at _____.
A. more , swim B. much , swimming
C. many , swimming D. most , to swim
19. Betty’s mother is ill. She ____ stay at home and look after her.
A. have to B. could C. must D. has to
20. September comes ______ October.
A. after B. before C. beside D. behind
21. The two girls are shopping. And there’s _____ girl. She’s reading under a tree.
A. three B. the three C. a third D. third
22. My job is to feed pigs, but I think it’s _____ than others.
A. an interesting work B. a very interesting work
C. a much more interesting work D. a more interesting job
23. Do you often have fun _____ English stories in class?
A. to speak B. to say C. listening D. listening to
24. Tom and his brother like _____ in that river. Which of the following is wrong?
A. going swimming B. going for swimming
C. going for a swim D. to go for a swim
25. It _____ him half an hour to drive home every day.
A. costs B. spends C. takes D. uses
26. Would you like _____ my house for my birthday party?
A. come to B. to come over C. coming over D. to come over to
27. Of my parents, my father looks ______.
A. old B. older C. the older D. the oldest
28. They walk home after _____ corns for the farmers.
A. to choose B. choose C. to pick D. picking
29. It’s cold outside. Please keep the windows_____.
A. open B. opened C. closed D. close
30. You’d better _____. The police station is not far from here.
A. not catch a bus B. not catching a bus
C. to catch a bus D. catches a bus
II. Reading 25’
New York, London, Paris and other big cities are exciting places to live in. There are many interesting things to see and to do. You can go to different kinds of museums, plays and films. You can also buy things from all over the world.
But there are serious problems in big cities, too. It is expensive to live there. Every year too many people move to the cities to find jobs, to study at good schools and receive good medical care. But sometimes these people cannot find work or good places to live in. Also it is hard to keep the cities safe and clean.
Some people enjoy living in big cities. Others do not. Before people move to a big city, they should think about the problems of living there.
31. In big cities, people can ___________ .
A. go to different kinds of museums
B. see all kinds of plays and films
C. buy things from all over the world
D. A, B and C
32. Which of the following is true?
A. Big cities are not clean and safe enough.
B. In big cities people can easily find good places to live in.
C. People can easily have chances to find work to do.
D. All people like to live in big cities.
33. In this passage, the writer thinks it is right for people_____________.
A. to move to big cities
B. not to move to big cities
C. to move to big cities without thinking of any problems
D. not to move to big cities before they think over the problems of living there.
34. This passage doesn't tell us that_________.
A. Paris is an exciting place for people to live in
B. big cities have a lot of serious problems
C. big cities are all very dirty
D. usually people can get better medical care there
35. Which is the best title for this passage?
A. Interesting Things in Big Cities B. Big Cities.
C. Good Schools in Big Cities. D. New York, London and Paris.
There are many kinds of ants (蚂蚁) in America. One kind is very strong. People are afraid of it, and animals are afraid of it, too. These ants move in large groups. They eat all the animals on their way. They can kill and eat elephants, and they can eat wood houses. Sometimes they even kill people.
When the ants come near, people leave their homes. But people are sometimes glad after the ants pass through(经过), because they can see no insects(昆虫)or snakes.
36. Some ants in America can be very ______.
A. heavy B. strong C. light D. thin
37. People and animals are afraid of ______.
A. one kind of strong ants B. all kinds of ants
C. small ants D. light ants
38. People go away from the ants because they _______.
A. can eat and kill elephants B. can also eat wood houses
C. travel in large groups D. can even kill people
39. Where are the insects or the snakes after the ants pass through?
A. They hide themselves under the ground
B. They move to other places before the ants come
C. Ants kill and eat them
D. People kill them.
40. Which is the best title of the story?
A. Ants B. American Ants C. Big Ant D. A Strong Ant
Mr. and Mrs. Smith always spent their summer holidays in New Jersey (新泽西) in the past, staying in a small inn(旅店)at the foot of a hill. One year, however(然而), Mr. Smith makes a lot of money in his business. So they decide to go to London and stay at a really good hotel while they are traveling around that famous city.
They fly to London and arrive at their hotel late one evening. They think that they will have to go to bed hungry, because in that small inn in New Jersey, no meals are served(提供)after seven. They are surprised when the man who receives them in the hall asks whether they will have dinner there that night.
“ Are you still serving dinner?” asks Mr. Smith.
“ Yes, sir.” Answer the man. “We serve breakfast from seven to half past eleven in the morning, lunch from twelve to three in the afternoon, tea from four to five, and dinner from six to half past nine.
“But that hardly leaves any time for us to see the sights(风景)of London.” says Mrs. Smith.
41. Mr. and Mrs. Smith ______ in the past.
A. often stayed in a big hotel in New Jersey
B. traveled to many places
C. always spent their summer holidays in New Jersey
D. had a lot of money
42. They decided to go to a really good hotel one year because _____.
A. it was famous B. it was difficult to find a cheap hotel
C. it was near many interesting places D. they now had enough money
43. When they arrived at the hotel, they found ______.
A. no meals were served after seven B. dinner was still being served
C. their plane had arrived too late D. they had to go to bed hungry
44. When the man told them the times of meals at the hotel, Mrs. Smith felt _______.
A. disappointed(失望) B. tired C. pleased D. satisfied(满意)
45. Mrs. Smith _______.
A. thought she would have plenty of time to see the sights
B. was afraid they would have no time to tour around London
C. thought the hotel was not as a small inn
D. was happy that she can have good meals every day
III. Fill in the blanks with the words in their right forms: 10’
46. That word is in the ______(twenty)line.
47. The people there all looked ______.(friend)
48. I find it very hard _______(ride)on the road at 7:30 in the morning.
49. Let’s go to see the pandas. I hear one of them _______(have)a baby.
50. New York is one of the ________ (busy city)in the USA.
51. Take the _______(two , turn)on the right.
52. The students will learn something about _____(farm).
53. I’m sorry to keep you _______ (wait)so long.
54. The tiger is ______(danger). You must be careful.
55. The weather today is a lot_______(wet)than that last week.
Ⅳ. Change the following sentences as required: 10’
56. The visitor doesn’t know the way to the Beihai Park.(同义句)
The visitor doesn’t know how ______ ______ to the Beihai Park.
57. What’s your favourite season in a year?(同义句)
What season do you like ______ in a year?
58. Tom is the youngest student in his class.(同义句)
Tom is ______ than _____ _____ ______ in his class.
59. Her mother has to do much housework every day.(否定句)
She _______ _______ _______ ______ much housework every day.
60. How delicious the mooncakes are! (同义句)
_______ ______ mooncakes they are!
61. I think the train goes faster than the bus.(同义句)
I ______ think the bus _____ ______ quickly ______ the train.
62. Li Lei is going to play football tomorrow. (就划线部分提问)
______ ______ Li Lei going to ______ tomorrow?
V. Complete the dialogue. 20’
(L——Miss Li , S——Mr. Smith)
L：Excuse me. (63) .
S：Yes, I’m Smith from New York.
L：How do you do? My name is Li Yang from the Great Wall Company.
S：How do you do? Miss Li?
L： (64) . Our manager has asked me to come and meet you.
S：Thank you, Miss Li. (65) .
L：Glad to meet you, too. You had a good journey, didn’t you?
S：Yes. (66) .
L：I’m glad to hear that, (67) .Then we are going to drive to the New Time Hotel.
A. Welcome to China, Mr. Smith.
B. Are you here with your family? Let’s take a short rest in the waiting room.
C. Are you Mr Smith from America, please?
D. I’m very glad to meet you.
E. You look a little tired, don’t you?
F. I had a very nice flight. (飞行)
Han Mei：Ann, are you free next Saturday evening?
Ann： (68) , why?
Han Mei：Would you like to come to my home for supper?
Ann：Oh, thank you. I’d love to. What time (69) ?
Han Mei：We have dinner at 7:00. Why not come a little earlier? About
(70) , OK?
Ann：I have a lot of homework to do. I must finish that first. But I think I’m free at 6:30.
Han Mei：Sure. Work must come first. Well, would you like dumplings?
Ann：Oh, yes. I like them very much.
Han Mei：OK. We’ll cook dumplings with seafood for you.
Ann：That’s great. (72) .
Ⅵ. Gap- filling. 10’
All around the world, people d (73) tea. But tea does not mean the s (74) thing to everyone. In different countries people have very different i (75) about drinking tea.
In China people always have tea t (76) with their friends. They may drink tea at
a (77) time of the day. They only put tealeaves in their cups. They prefer the tea with nothing e (78) in it.
Tea is also i (79) in Japan. It is very popular there. People drink tea every day. But they have it in a way different f (80) that in China.
In the USA people drink tea at breakfast or after m (81). They usually use tea bags to make their tea. Making tea with tea bags is faster and e (82) than making it with tea leaves in teapots.
1—5 CCCDB 6—10 BBDDB 11—15 DBBDB
16—20 DCBDB 21—25 CCDBC 26—30 DBDCA
46. twentieth 47. friendly 48. to ride 49. has 50. busiest cities
51. second turning 52. farming 53. waiting 54. dangerous 55. wetter
56. to get 57. best 58. younger any other student / the other students
59. doesn’t have to do 60. What delicious
61. don’t , goes, more, than 62. What is, do
63—67 DAEGC 68. I think so. / Yes, I am.
69. do you have dinner? / shall we meet?
71. May I come then?
72. See you then.(表示再见的都可以)
73. drink 74. same 75. ideas 76. together 77. any 78. else
79. important 80. from 81. meals 82. easier